Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gratitui' Tuesday


Summer is here -- for the most part. Life has a slower pace and it has been nice to enjoy the day with my kids -- for the most part.

We have been enduring the battle of our parenting career the past few days, Alex's Eagle Project. I have pulled out every parenting skill I have in my arsenal and I think we are all learning from the experience. I would have never imagined it would be so difficult to communicate in a positive and effective manner with my wonderful son.... but it has been to say at a minimum -- impossible!! We have only just begun, so I will keep
you informed as we progress towards " our " goal. I am grateful for a fabulous son, King of Debate ( and argument ) that he is .



Brandon has been enjoying the thrill of learning how to swim. This is the first year he and Baylie have gone ear tube free and they are both loving the water and all the fun it has to offer. Last night Brandon swam almost the entire length of the pool unassisted-- he will disagree because he had to float on his back for a moment-- but we are uber-proud.

Do you remember what a luxury it was to have goggles when we were growing up? It seems to be a necessity now a days. My kids are more worried about having goggles than a towel or swimming suit. I must concede, I used them while training for my triathlon and became a fan after many a year of red, chlorine-filled eyes. Goggles do make swimming a bit easier and a tad more fun. I guess I am grateful for goggles.


Mikenzie is growing by leaps and bounds in independence. She is on the swim team this year. I am amazed that I can drop my little girl off at the pool gate, drive away and know she will get to the pool, do the swim team thing, shower and get her little self over to summer school ( not the hold ya back kind of summer school-- they make it more of a day camp here with lots of fun classes like cheerleading and woodworking ... just don't want you to not know I have brilliant kids ). Anyway... she is really maturing and I am graterul my bonita is so independant and responsible.

My ultimate gratitui' this week ... this year ... my life... we found our long lost temple clothes. We were sure they had been lost during our move, but to our delight ( but not to our surprise ) they were at Susan's house!!! James found them the first night he was visiting. They mean so much to me, as my grandma purchased them for me when I was married. I think of her everytime I go to the temple and am thrilled something so personal was found. Of course they were replaceable, but they really weren't... it would not have been the same. I am grateful prayers are answered.

BE GRATEFUL!!

No comments: