Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Soccer, Our Temple and an Analogy

If I was super spiffy, I would be able to organize all of these photos to go along with my title smoothly, but I am not spiffy-- so I will have to type my random thoughts, randomly.



So here is Kyle, or Coolio as I often call him playing in one of many soccer games. Currently, life is all about soccer, track and rugby. We do throw an occasional piano lesson and Scholar Bowl in here and there just for some diversification-- but soccer owns us right now.

.

One great blessing we have every time we head on over to the soccer fields is this marvelous view-- it is always a thrill to see " our " temple high on a hill top
( sadly, no mountains here in Missouri ). Isn't it glorious?




Next is my random thought/analogy of the day. I looked out my window the other day and noticed the huge difference in the two trees pictured here. And ya know... somedays I truly feel like the tree on the right. Everyone else seems to have big beautiful blossoms, straight limbs and beauty abounding. Then there is poor, pitiful me. No blossoms, a broken branch and just a few reddish-brown, plain leaves here and there, no bloomin' beauty to be found.

Now, I realize we are all beautiful in our own unique ways-- but there are days where I feel I just can't compare.
Oh well..

Here we have The Man... doing his best to live in Coolio's shadow. I can't tell you how many times he/we/I have heard " Are you as good as your brother?" The answer varies, depending on Brandon's confidence level. It usually includes, " No one is as fast as Kyle". 'Aint that the truth!


Dream come true: Starting Goalie!!


Kyle's team's pre-game inspection-- they sure have grown in four years!



This is always fun-- watching the big Milan players warming up with the little guys. Love it every time!!

No comments: