Saturday, March 28, 2015

Catching up

didn't realize how wonderful it is to maintain my blog until a few nights ago when Baylie needed to remember life events for each year in her life for a class at school. Because it was 10:30 at night and I was tuckered out, it sure was handy to check the blog to spark a few memories. 

So as I sit in my warm van watching the first soccer game of the season, I thought I would catch up and share some pictures. Maybe I will feel less guilty about camping out in the car instead of freezing my tooshka off on the sidelines. You win some and you lose some!


Brandon has a great time camping out at Watkins Mill State Park last night with his thinned out scout troop. A lot of boys are out of town for Spring Break. We almost jumped in the van and headed out for Utah, but the responsible financial nerd in held strong so we will stay home this year. I am grateful for the comfort of prayer as this was actually a tough decision for me but deep down, after praying about it, I know it is best for us to stay home. 

I sure enjoyed Baylie's concert on Thursday night. We are so blessed to live in a school district that puts a lot of time and money into music programs. It is a joy to watch her play in the Symphonic Orchestra. 


This little guy sure has warmed the hearts of everyone in the family. He gets more attention than the rest of combined. It's a good time in our lives to have a dog and I almost feel bad we didn't get one sooner. I am not a dog person nor an animal lover, but Mikenzie is and I love seeing her eyes light up every time she sees her dog. And to hear Brandon's happy laughter today as he blew past me upon his return home searching out his puppy for the first hello from home. 

I was beyond thrilled to see Kyle post this on Instagram the other night as he was at the Stake Center waiting for his mission interview with the Stake President. His papers go in next Wednesday!  I am so very grateful he is serving a mission. 

This picture really touched my heart. I took Baylie to a friend's house so she could take a few pictures around their property for her digital photography class. She was shyly walking around snapping pictures when our good friend offered to give her a ride over to see the new calves. I appreciated him going the extra mile-- literally. And lucky for B, there was a brand new calf that even our friends weren't aware of. 
 
Life sure is full of wonderful moments. It's easy to loose track of them quickly. Modern technology is awesome!

Well, the game is over. More pics to come in my next post. Love playing catch up!

Be grateful!!

1 comment:

Eva Bowen said...

Blogs are like journals i guess!