Saturday, August 23, 2008

Best Month of My Life

This has truly been a blessed month for our family. Growing up in Utah in a less active home, it was difficlut to see the blessing the gospel brought to so many families around me. I couldn't wait to create my own little heaven on earth.

Well, it isn't always heaven, but this last month has given me glimpses. At the beginning of the month, on August 3, Kyle was ordained a deacon. He was so excited dressed in his suit and tie, ready to join his brothers in the YM program.

On August 10th, all three of my older boys passed the sacrament together. It was such a happy moment for me, a lifetime of dreams coming true. The most touching moment was while we were driving to church in our big white van, I over heard Kyle expressing concern about passing the sacrament for the first time. Jeremy looked over at Kyle and said " Just stay by me Kyle and I'll take care of you. You don't have to worry, I'll be there. " Nothing like a brothers love to warm a mother's heart.

Today was equally as special, Baylie was baptized. It was a hectic morning. We worked as a family -- an arguing family-- to get the house clean. My friend reminded me " It's all about the ordinance, that is what counts " She was so right.
I was the last one out the door, and a bit late, but the service was beautiful, as was Baylie. She had such a radiant smile. It always brings tears to my eyes when I see my husband baptize one of our children. It reminds me that I did live a worthy life to have the blessings Heavenly Father has promised me.

We have so many wonderful friends who attended to support us. Living so far from home, it was great to have such a show of kindness and love. We had a casual lunch -hotdogs and chips for the kids, pulled pork sandwiches for the parents. It was nice to have them in our home, just enjoying the family we call a " ward ".

I am indeed grateful for the best month of my life.

No comments: