Sunday, August 24, 2008

Best Back To School Idea- ever

Well, maybe not ever, but this one was pretty clever/inspired on my part. Okay, you know how your kids all come home with papers galore and you're supposed to keep track of everything, so your fridge looks like a recycling bin with magnets. I hate clutter like that.

So, here was my solution. I bought a 3 ring binder, some dividers and page protectors. I divided the binder into 6 sections- one for each child. Then I filled the page protectors with all of the useful information the teachers sent home. I have Alex's debate schedule, Kyle's soccer practice, Mikenzie's class list. You know, all the stuff you need to keep handy but always seem to misplace in some school pile that gets moved from one place in the kitchen to another.

I am using the pockets in the sides of the binder for papers that need to be signed and returned, like permission slips, etc. Or, maybe for homework that a child needs help with, or order forms... can you believe the amount of paper we get in one week!!

Now, I have my binder next to my recipe's, neat and tidy, and everything in it's place because I have a place for everything... almost. Hope this helps someone out there.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Great idea! This works really well. If you haven't a system like this...get one. It's awesome!

Love the blog. I am glad you were "peer pressured" into making one. It's a great way for families and friends to stay in touch from a distance.