Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gratitiude Tuesday at Target

So today has been a bit hectic with the kids home and the weather not the best. I am not in the best of mood either, they are driving em crazy!!! The persistent gray clouds aren't helping much either. So, I used last minute Christmas shopping as an excuse to get out of the house for a bit. Not much of beginning to a gratitude moment is it?

I talked on the phone the whole time I was at Target to James about how miserable the kids were making me. I finally finished my shopping, hung up with James and headed to the check out. While I was there, unloading my cart, a sweet young lady came up and asked me if I was going to spend more than $100. Not hard for me to do at Target, especially at Christmas. I said I was and then she gave me this coupon for ten bucks off of a purchase of $100 or more. I thanked her and she walked away.

Ten bucks isn't a ton of money, but hey, it was appreciated and it lifted my spirits a bit. That was just really a nice thing to do. So, to that lady, thanks for making my gratitude Tuesday a little easier to be grateful for.

I am also grateful for my basement. I know, kind of weird thing to be thankful for. Maybe not. Last night while James was working on fixing the computer and I was cooking, all of the kids were downstairs, playing with hot wheels, working on puzzles, and watching Walker, Texas Ranger ( can you believe that is back with a
vengeance? ) It was just a pleasant time for the whole family, and I appreciated it. We have been so blessed to be in a home we all love so much.

Be grateful!!

No comments: