Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brandon is a Wii bit addicted

We all know how much Brandon HATES going to school. Yes, the newness of going to the big school wore off within a week, and now we are back to the daily battle of getting him to school.

Today he had a new plan of attack. Usually he just groans and mumbles about how boring school is and how he isn't going. Today, he came crawling down the stairs, telling me he was too sick to go. As usual, I tucked him into my bed and gave him kisses and told him I hope he would feel better soon. I reminded him it was black and white day and I had his black shorts all cleaned and ready. No luck for me, he was convinced he was too sick to go.

Soon, he came crawling out of my room and laid on the kitchen floor. Then, he had a brilliant flash of inspiration. He remembered that Jeremy stayed home sick last Friday and was able to watch TV all day. So Brandon reminded me of that and then said " Do you know what really made Jeremy feel a lot better? Staying home and playing the Wii all day. That is how he got better. Maybe I should try that " I couldn't help but laughing out loud.

Nice try buddy-- now go get your clothes on and get to school!! If you can think that one up, you are feeling good enough to go to kindergarten.

No comments: