Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Homesick for old friends

I haven't posted for a while. I don't know why, just not in the mood lately. I am not in the mood for much. My trip to Utah left me a little homesick and a call to friends in Wyoming made me nostalgic. I guess during the holidays we all get a little moody, homesick, etc. Especially when you are the one living so far from family and friends.

What makes it worse is the weather is so beautiful, the gas is so cheap, the kids are so bored, I just want to load the van up and take off for the week. But, no, that is not in the cards for me this year. We will be spending the holiday at home, being relaxed and enjoying the comforts of pajamas until late in the afternoon.

So, maybe in a day or two I will get out of the funk I seem to find myself in. I do have the web-cam ready to go. I sent one to my parents so we can chat online during all of the festivities. Maybe that will soften the homesickness.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I've been feeling nostalgic lately too. Missing our times in Iowa. They were so much simpler back then and yet I thought they were so difficult. Never dreamed how much more difficult it would get. Anyway, I started a flashback friday and this week I flashback to Iowa days. Love it...miss it. Glad I'm not there, but sure wish I could have all our old friends around again. Miss you guys. Thank heaven for technology so you can see your family while you chat! Good luck!