Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgving Feast!!


( Pictures of the family-- Traditional olive fingers, and the second has the picture that shows the fancy cans of Shasta-- like I said the kids don't miss the good stuff. Now I'm totally picking apart our T-day dinner picture , no tablecloth, no fine china and crystal, the kids aren't dressed up-- Martha would be so displeased! ) You can see the school in the background-- that is so nice, I love sending the kids off each morning and watching them walk into the school.

After cooking for six hours and keeping the kitchen clean and the kids outta my hair, we finally had our Thanksgiving Day dinner. It was small and simple, but the kids really don't miss all the fancy stuff. So, I made a few family favorites, found a new one for James ( the stuffing hater found a stuffing dish he actually liked, of course it took the longest to make with roasted chestnuts and sweet italian sausage ).

The highlight of the day was using the web cam to see cousins we hadn't seen in years. The kids in Utah ( four of them ) and my six were having a blast showing off for each other and talking at the same time. They had a great time and we look forward to using it again for Christmas day. My parents haven't been with my kids for Christmas in eight years, so even it is only via web-cam, they will still be part of our holidays. We live in such a great era, we are all so blessed.

So, I feel guilty not posting a thankful list, but I am tired and ready for bed. Tomorrow will have to be the posting for my gratitude list. I had to laugh though, when we went around the table telling one another what we were grateful for, Baylie said " I'm grateful I don't live in India" Who knows where that one came from. Funny though-- not that we don't love India, we have a missionary from our ward there-- but glad to be American.

No comments: