Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Magic Cape That Never Flew


Brandon's Two Cents:

The picture of Brandon and his cape has a funny story behind it ( I would share it in this post, but it is a long story ). I thought I would share a few of his latest quotes that always seem to make me laugh.

Earlier today, as we pulled into our drive way, Brandon said -- Our house looks beautiful Mom. It is so beautiful on the outside. Good thing no one can see the inside, it's a disaster in there!!

Thanks for pointing that out to me, I feel so much better after packing 6 kids ( 5 of mine + my niece ) and my husband for the weekend trip. Just needed that extra boost from my sweet boy.




The best player on the field!!


On the way home from soccer practice Brandon asked when dinner would be done. I told him we would eat as soon as we got home. He replied-- Good, 'cuz I am starving!! I am hungier than Elvis. He hasn't eaten for 30 years, so you know I am one hungry kid. By the way, is he still sitting on that toilet or did they finally move him? ( Sorry if that is disrepectful to all you Elvis fans, but that is what he said and I just couldn't leave it out, it was toooo funny. I didn't know Brandon knew who Elvis was, let alone how he died!! ).

Brandon came into my room early one morning, before I had a chance to put " my teeth " in. he leaned in and looked at my face and then told me with great pitty-- Mom, you really should learn to brush your teeth more often, they are all falling out. Then he gave me a loving kiss and was off to play. Again, just what I needed to hear from my favorite boy.

This is James' favorite story. One day Brandon asked me if Heavenly Father was dead. I told him no, Heavenly Father is alive and watches over you. He asked me if I was sure and then insisted Heavenly Father was dead. He thought for a few minutes then he asked me, Mom where do dead people go? I told him they go to heaven... then the ultimate question, the kicker... And WHERE does Heavenly Father live? In Heaven, so He must be DEAD, up there with all of the other dead people. I have to admit, he got me on that one.



My Sleepy Little Angel


One other Heavnly moment I had with Bradon while driving down the road on a partly cloudy day. He stated matter of factly as the clouds parted and the sun peeked through-- I know why the clouds came apart, Heavenly Father just wanted to check in on me today. Too cute.

LOVE MY BOY!!




No comments: