Sunday, September 27, 2009


Burned Out Mamma

So here we are, 24 hours from Alex's 16th birthday and I am burned OUT!! Too much to do-- too little time to do it. Too many places to be, and only one mom to get everyone where they need to be. Laundry, dishes, dusting, bathrooms... they all call to me, along with my children.

The sad thing is, I am have just begun the teenage years, the most crucial years, and I am ready to buy a ticket and fly outta here.

James says it's a mid-life crisis, I say I am spread too thin-- only figuratively, I wish literally.

Is it poor me? Or am I overwhelmed? Who knows?

I do know that I must press on and remember the wonderful quote I will be using today in my lesson:


We should never complain, when we are living worthily, about what happens in our lives.

Onward I must go, ready or not, pressing forward.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Good luck...a little late. But I'm pretty sure if you are like me, you will need good luck wishes again. thanks for the quote. Keep hanging in there and stay strong. A mother's work is NEVER done! But, it's good and you are doing great! I am sure of it!