Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY ALEX!!


12th Birthday/Day he became a deacon


July 2006

We don't know where the time has gone. Our oldest child is 16?? It seems like just yesterday we held that little baby in our arms. Now, you are taller than both of us.

Funny moments?

Trying to hold yourself up against a wall of snow when you were 16 months old, only to find yourself completely covered in snow.

Biting Dad and telling him you were just trying to find out what he tasted like. That must be the scientist in you, performing your first experiment.

Asking why I was " making the potatoes naked " while I was peeling them.

Stealing one of Jeremy's toy trucks and convincing him you were taking it to the shop to get it fixed for a long, long time. He actually believed you too!!

I'm sitting here with ice cream on my face, what does it look like I'm doing???
( The answer to the question " Alex, what are you doing? " after you leaned all the way back and tried to eat an ice cream cone)

Looking down at the little smiley face on your hand as I left you at your new school in Pennsylvania. That little boy was so scared-- sometime we miss him.

Happy Birthday Alex-- We love you!!





1 comment:

Larissa said...

Happy Birthday Alex! I remember when he was a Sunbeam! How can we be that old?