Friday, January 15, 2010

Everyday In January 2010

Week In Review
January 8-15

I have been slacking in my duties in my picture a day goal. Mostly due to two things, eternal snow days and a broken camera. The only means of photography for me now is my cell phone camera, which does a pretty good job I must say. It is blurry whenever there is movement though, so I miss some good picture opportunities.

Friday found us still buried in snow, the kids still out of school and all of us dealing with cabin fever. This can't be Missouri you say... believe me it is. The most snow in 30 years they say, I would believe it too. Maybe we brought our Wyoming snow with us... three years later.


This is how things looked once I braved the roads:


Sunday was a great day for our family. Jeremy enjoyed receiving his patriarchal blessing. It was a spiritual highlight for us. Later, we enjoyed celebrating his birthday at home. The girls had fun giving him prank gifts-- including soap ( which isn't such a prank in Jeremy's case ).



Jeremy enjoying his birthday cake

The ultimate gift from Grandma and Grandpa-- a BYU Hoodie


The two boys-- loving Grandpa's gifts

Being the perfect family-- we enjoyed scripture study in the evenings. Our goal of finishing the Book of Mormon by the 15th is so close we can almost touch it.


Monday night was Family Home Evening. We had a brief lesson and then a game of " Spoons ". It was Baylie's turn to plan the activity... sadly, she came in last.

What would Family Home Evening be without a good old wrestling match? What would any night be like without a wrestling match??

That is pretty much our week in review-- until tomorrow.



No comments: