Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday Summary

I am thinking I need to go backwards so I can remem
ber the past week. My memory seems to be failing me... am I really that old?? Or time just going by really fast?

Sunday-- Total Loss

I woke up at 4:00 a.m.and could not get back to sleep. So, I f
igured since the sun wasn't up just yet, a little house cleaning wouldn't hurt. I cleaned and cleaned, and then at 7:00, I crashed. Headache, sore throat, feeling generally yucky. Maybe I was cursed for breaking the Sabbath. I stayed home from church and slept allll day. Even after the kids were home and James was banging around in the kitchen, asking how to cook the roast. I guess I just needed some rest. The kids had a relaxing Sunday, James was busy as usual. We ended the day with our Prophet Study by reading the Ensign and called a night.

Saturday Soccer: 3-0 Nemesis

What would a Saturday be without a soccer game? I started the morning taking Jeremy to football, then Brandon headed off to flag football, Alex took Mikenzie to volleyball, Baylie had soccer and I went to Kyle's first soccer game. They were victorious of course, Kyle played very well, even the other parents said so... so I am not biased at all, really, I'm not, we just happen to have the best player on the team, that's all. I enjoyed getting a little sun, still enough heat out there for a bit of a tan.
James was able to join us for the end of the game, Kyles other coach showed up at the game as well, I think Kyle appreciated the support.

Yard work and house cleaning rounded out the day. I wasn't feeling well and was asleep by 9:00. James took Alex to buy the coolest shoes ever, at least Alex thinks so. I think the foot doctor has a different opinion.

Friday Night/Girls Night:


A friend called and invited me to a girls night out. We left around six and went to an outdoor theater to watch The Producers. So, six Molly Utah Mormons and a broadway play... yeah, we made it to intermission and headed out for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We may be close minded, but I am so grateful for like minded friends who have the same values as I do. We all enjoyed our yummy cheesecake and were home by one, so still a bit of wild and crazy left in all of us moms.

Thursday: Scrimmage

Can you believe anyone on earth can play 2 hours of tackle football and then play 2 1/2 hours of soccer and still be standing after it is all said and done? That would be Kyle... man does that kid have energy or what? How would it be? He was given four positions on the football A team to choose from... like I said, how would it be?

Baylie went to the scrimmage with me while the rest of the family was scattered. Alex got lost while picking Mikenzie up from volleyball, needless to say, her coach was not pleased with the 35 minute delay. Alex was a little humbled, but grateful to find his way to the school. I'm just grateful to have another driver in the family, he is an immense help.


We called it a pizza night and ate at 9:00 p.m. Nothing like being ahead of the game... I need to pull out the old crock pot so we can eat earlier and healthier.

Wednesday: Where did you go?

No clue what we did on Wednesday... seriously wondering what has happened to my memory. I know the b-day pics are a week late, but isn't Baylie the cutest 10 year old you have ever seen? Absolute joy that one. I love the expression on her face in this picture.



Tuesday Night Trouble

Poor Brandon, the last of the group, always left out on Tuesday nights while everyone else gets to go to youth. He and I hung out, against his will, but I think I bribed him enough he almost enjoyed himself. Nothing a little Chik-fil-a and a lot of Sheridan's can't fix. Kyle was at soccer practice, after we picked him up, he was able to partake of Brandon's good fortune at Sheridans as well. Only a few more weeks and Brandon will be an official Cub Scout and will be able to join the crew. He can hardly wait.

Monday Night: FHE, I think...

At least we should have had family home evening. I guess we live in a perfect world, so I will say yes, we had family home evening and everything went wonderfully. It must have been a good day, the kids were all in school, you can't go wrong with that.

Sad, crazy and a little boring, but that is our life in a nutshell.

BE GRATEFUL!!


No comments: