Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sunday Summary
( On Thursday )

I don't remember much from last week... Summer is melting my brain. So I will sum up all that I can remember.

Monday-- total blur, sorry

Tuesday: Registration Begins, check please

Mikenzie was the first one up for registration. She is in 7th grade this year and could hardly wait for the day to begin. I took her to the school with me, while Brandon and Baylie swam at the community center. She got her schedule, her locker, her yearbook photo. She will be on the same team that Kyle was on last year, her teachers will be in for quite a treat after having Kyle in their classes.

After registration, I took Mikenzie home, went back to the community center and ran 4 miles. Brandon finished swimming and ran his mile on the treadmill, all while pushing buttons, talking and watching everyone else. It stresses me out, I'm worried he will fly off the treadmill one of these days. But, he loves is and feels proud to have burned 60 calories.

Wednesday: Junior, it's your turn

I went to the high school for Alex and registered him. It made me very... nostalgic as I wrote that he was in 11th grade this year. I stood in line and paid for his parking permit, yes, you read that right, PAID for his parking permit. It will be worth every penny though, one less errand to run everyday, especially to early morning seminary. Alex's friends all asked where he was and were happy to hear he would be home soon.

Thursday: De Ja Voo

The next day was Jeremy's turn for registration. I met him after band camp with nice shirt in hand for school pictures. He saw no need for the nice shirt and wore his crummy old athletic shirt. Not worth the argument, at least he caved and combed his hair before his picture, believe me, this is a big step for Jeremy. We went in and repeated all of the steps from yesterday. Jeremy is fun to be with as he greets everyone by name and calls out to his friends. He couldn't get his locker open, so we called for assistance. Not a lot of help there. I was surprised the person helping us could even open a locker, let alone fix one. Jeremy finally shrugged and said he would use his football locker. Fine with me, as long as the homework gets done, I will be happy.

Friday: There's a doctor in the house

After spending most of my morning at Costco, with the main purpose of buying a new mattress for Brandon, I finally tackled the painting in Alex's room, as a surprise to him. I started with blue on the bottom and that was about as far as I got before James called to let me know Dr. Marshall was on his way over and would be there in about 10 minutes. So, I put my paint brush down and tried to clean my messy house before he arrived. James introduced me and then said-- she's had a ... busy, day. yeah, I know I looked terrible.

We visited with him briefly, after he left James and I went to Lowes to purchase moulding. We had the whole color scheme in our heads. We came home and called it a night.

Saturday: Honey, the company is here

Saturday was full of errands and running around in high temperatures, including totally changing the paint color in Alex and Jeremy's room. We re-painted the part I had just painted. James worked all morning and was thrilled with the whole painting idea. We had more guests coming and I was scrambling, trying to get things in order. Before I knew it, I was out of time, picking one sweaty Jeremy up from mowing a lawn and late for The Stack Family's arrival. When we arrived home, the house was full of children and it was great to see our long time friends. It had been almost three years since seeing them last, we were able to pick up right where we left off.

We went to a Thai restaurant and had a wonderful visit, followed by more conversation at home. It is wonderful to have such great friends in the gospel to make good memories with.

Sunday: It's all fun and games until...

Someone forgets the bread. Poor Jeremy, a.k.a. teacher's quorum president, took all of the heat for that little-big mistake. The ward gathered, Brother Jones stood up to begin Sacrament Meeting and announced, there was no bread. So, the meeting progressed, 20 minutes later the bread arrived and all was well. Then Jeremy was hit up by the bishopric, the young men's president and his quorum adviser about the bread. Last but not least, James had to take a stab at it, letting Jeremy know he told him so and it was ALL his fault. He was pretty deflated 5 minutes after the meeting. By the time church was over, he was back to his jovial old self and said Brother Meade gave him the typical football coach talk " You messed up on one play, now do better on the next. " Great advice we can all use in many areas of life.

On that note, my average week in review can come to an end.

Be Grateful!!

1 comment:

SydneyMin said...

what a week! I loved your "all fun and games... til someone forgets the bread." Poor kid :) We all make mistakes, just some are more public than others lol. You are truly supermom, Ter!