Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy 15th Birthday ALEX!!





It's been 15 years since that little baby came into the world. My first born. It is amazing how fast he has grown--literally, he's 5'10!! I never expected him to be taller than me so soon. Not hard to do when you are as short as I am.

Here are a few pictures of Alex--

1- Quite a shiner, eh? That is what happens when you sit up on a trampoline just as your friend swings on a rope from the roof of a shed. Long story.

2- The day he was ordained a deacon.

3- Helping Brandon with his bike

4- Having fun at an amusement park

What's great about Alex?

--He is a worthy priesthood holder-- a dream come true for me. That was my number one goal for all of my boys. I am so blessed, I know there are a lot of parents out there who have no clue where their 15 y/o is or what they are doing. Right now, Alex is in our back yard listening to an S.E.D. ( Sunday Evening Discussion ) with the youth of our ward. How blessed am I?

--He is brilliant, even if I do say so myself. He is in three honors classes and pulling straight A's. What more can you ask for school wise?

--He is a great example to his younger siblings. He was truly sent here to be a leader in our family, a role he hasn't taken lightly ( some days I wish he would lighten up ). The kids look up to him ( once again the height thing ) on a daily basis.

--He always does what I ask with a " Sure Mom ". I can always count on Alex to do a great job.

I could go on and on, but I know it is boring to most of you, so just know I have a GREAT kid-- who will be driving really soon, which is a little scary. Almost as scary as when we brought him home from the hospital exactly 15 years ago today.

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow, 15 already?!? I remember when he was a sunbeam. Time flies by fast.

Unknown said...

Mommy when will we buy ice cream?

Love,
Kenzie