Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Personal Fitness

I have been working with a great trainer for the past few months and have lost inches, but not a lot of pounds. It has been so discouraging, and I usually blame it on my thyroid problem. But for some reason, this weekend was a light bulb moment for me. I have been putting a lot of effort into my weight loss on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11 a.m., but it usually stops there. Maybe a walk during the week, or a good 40 minute work out here and there, but I am not 100% committed the way I should have been $500 ago!!

So, either I need to kick it into gear or stop wasting my time. So, as I watched all of these runners line up at the race on Saturday, I realized how pathetic my efforts have been. It is time!! Time for me to make a full effort, time for me to loose the excuses, time for me to take control of my health and body.

So, with rejuvenated zeal, I am off to a better mental place and ready to put the effort I need to in order to reach my long term goals, like being able to swim with my kids and not be depressed over my shape. To be here with my grand kids and feeling great at 60. To be a good role model to my children, especially my wonderful girls.

Wish me luck and send motivation!! ( No chocolate please )

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Go Terry!!! You can do it!!! Too bad we don't live closer. We could push each other. I have been a total slacker. If you ever run a race in Utah, let me know. MAYBE I will do it with you.