Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Funny quotes from The Man


Brandon just cracks me up. Here are a few of his latest one liners:

This morning as I was trying to comb his curls down ( he likes the slicked down look and he has just enough curl that it never happens ). After the first few combings of his hair he looked at me and said " My hair is not in the mood today, just give it up Mom. "

On Saturday I was home, sick with whatever wonderful illness my kids brought home from school. I had been slow cooking dinner and was laying down, trying to get over this terrible headache. Brandon came in and I asked him what time the clock said. He looked over and said " It says it's time for you to get out of bed and fix dinner, that's what time it says. "

The other day we were having our cookie council and we were talking about Brandon's yelling -- the last defense as the youngest sibling. The boys just laugh when he tries to tackle or chase them. We told Brandon his yelling was getting really bad and that he needed to stop. He just looked at us and said " Do you want to know what would be worse? If was laying out in the street beaten up and dead, that's what would be really bad. " What could we say? We actually all laughed, which didn't sit too well with Brandon.

We were talking about The Savior and all He did for us one day in FHE. Then Brandon asked " Wait a minute, isn't Jesus like a billionaire or something?" We sort of agreed, that yes, technically He is. The follow up question " Then what's He doing letting bad guys beat Him up for? He needs to pay for a body guard or something!"

What a blessing these sweet spirits are to have in our home. I am thankful for all of the smiles they bring to me each day.

No comments: