Monday, September 15, 2008

More Holiness Give Me

This weekend was a very fun one for our TOFW group. We had such a wonderful time bonding as sisters and being inspired by speakers from all over the country. We are so blessed to live in a time such as this, so we can tap the spiritual resources the gospel has to offer us.

Last night was a great end to a wonderful weekend. Our family attended a fireside that had such a strong spirit, it was almost palpable. I was blessed enough to be a speaker and able to bear my testimony as part of the program. It was such a great evening, one that I will not forget. I am so thankful to have been part of it all.

As I pondered this weekend over the things that I needed to personally work on, humility seems to be one of the first areas that needed some fine tuning. It seems that my prayers have been answered as things in my little world have been a more difficult to control than usual, and are requiring great patience. I can almost feel the load on my shoulders as I " endure to the end " of this mini-trial.

It is funny, how we forget when we pray for our weaknesses to be shown or to become a strength, that we forget that Heavenly Father will actually answer those prayers, usually in ways we don't particularly enjoy. So, here I am, being humbled and not enjoying the process so much, but grateful that I have a loving Father in Heaven who will listen to me complain the whole way through, and stay with me to the end. I am truly blessed to know of His love.

No comments: