Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gratitude Tuesday

This morning was such a fun one. Brandon is Star of the Week in his class, so we spent most of the morning putting together items requested by his teacher. Interestingly enough, he wants to be a professional pianist when he grows up. Who knew? His favorite food is roast beef with mashed potatoes ( don't forget the gravy!! )

We enjoyed the time together and it was fun looking at photographs and sharing experiences together. Just a good morning over all.

I am also grateful for my ability to use this body of mine and exercise. I jogged/walked three miles today. It was a mental challenge to get down to the gym, it always is, but I am glad I went. It was one thing I was proud of today. I can't say I am always proud of loading the dishwasher, not a great accomplishment on a daily basis -- you know what I mean.

I also had a sweet second with Baylie. She was doing her homework and needed a pencil. She was absolutely delighted to find a never before used pencil in the box. She had such a sweet smile, all over finding a new pencil. Such an exciting and humble discovery, and a fun one to watch.

I am also grateful for the fun memories I have with my mom. I am giving a lesson in Relief Society this week on President Monson's talk titled Finding Joy in the Journey. He mentions The Music Man, which brings back such a funny memory that it still makes me laugh and I am going to mention it in my lesson.

We were driving from UT to PA so James could interview for his residency. We arrived in Gary, Indiana and I had to pull over and call my mom. We pulled into a grungy old truck stop and I called my mom on an even more grungy pay phone. I said " Hey Mom, I'm in Gary, Indiana!! " Then I waited a second and heard " Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana "(
add music here so it is as funny as I remember it ) from The Music Man. I knew if I called her, that would be the response I would get. She couldn't resist singing it outloud. That's my mom for you. I have been having a few laughs over that all morning. Good memories.

Be Grateful!!

No comments: