Wednesday, February 25, 2009



I Love B!!


Baylie was home today with a nasty ear infection, so I was able to spend some one on one time with her. She is such a pleasure to have as a child.

We were driving along and while I was waiting at a stop light, I looked over at my sweet B just in time to see her use a tissue to keep her ear dry ( I don't want to get into too many icky details ). I looked at her crooked nose, her missing teeth and her lop-sided chest. I was feeling so sorry her ( and myself ) as I thought about the painful challenges she/we face in the near future.

We continued through traffic and she put her blond little head out the window to let the warm breeze blow her hair back and enjoy the sun on her face. She pulled her head back in just long enough to give me such a huge content, sweet smile.

I realized then that Baylie was enjoying the wonderful moment of a sunny, warm day and was making the most of it. She hadn't a care in world. She wasn't worried about future surgeries and pain, just the sunny day we had to enjoy together. What a sweet moment to share with a sweet little girl. If anyone can face the challenges head on, it will be Baylie. She has a strong spirit and a determination that are uniquely fit to those hurdles she will have to jump over in life. Knowing B, she will do so with flying colors.

I need to keep that eternal perspective and cherish the good moments in life as well. To realize this is a brief moment, one that was meant to be full of challenges to help us grow. Although these are not challenges I would have preferred, I doubt the alternatives would be any more appealing.

So, put you head out the window, let the wind blow in your hair and feel the sun on your face. Then smile like you are having the time of your life.

That's why I LOVE B!!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Go "B"!!! If only us adults could deal with life's challenges as simply and sweetly. Well, some can but I don't. They're nice little reminders these little one's give us. I can't wait for Mr. Sun to shine down on me! Bring it!