Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Sweet Sunday Morning

Sunday mornings are usually not the best in our house. Now that we have church at 1:00 and James is home in the afternoons, they have become a little more enjoyable. Today I stayed home to take care of my sick Mikenzie. She goes from pale and ghost white to flushed and red cheeked. It is kind of cute. I have been home alone with her, and it has been rather pleasant in an odd way to spend some one on one time with her--miserable as she is .

But Brandon had me laughing this morning. He was dressed and ready for church, which was not an easy task by the way. Brandon has always resisted going to church, since he was just a toddler. I have used every form of bribery, manipulation, threat, anything and everything to get this kid to church on an almost weekly basis for the past five years. As soon as he found out Mikenzie was staying home from church, the whole cycle started over again. I finally convinced him to get dressed and he was somewhat positive about going to church today. I told everyone to load up and head out. On the way out the door, Brandon found his homework folder on a table by the front door. He grabbed it and told me he was going to go put it in his backpack. Then he stopped and said: Wait a minute!! It's time for church, what am I thinking? I mean... whats more important church or a folder in your backpack?!! It was so funny-- I guess he is coming around, finally.

Just the other day I had another special moment with Brandon. He was looking out our sliding glass door early in the morning. The sun was just starting to rise and the clouds were starting to break after a few days of grayness. He called me over and said: You know about the first vision right? I'll bet that is what it looked like. It is amazing to me the complex thoughts kids can have sometimes. I would have never guessed he would even have that on his mind.

We are so blessed to have these valiant spirits in our home. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a mother to each of my precious children.

No comments: