Tuesday, October 28, 2008

AHHHH!! KIDS!!

Kids have NO concept of time whatsoever!! This morning, as I am trying to scoot the younger three out the door to school, it seemed like they had no care in the world. I told Brandon to get shoes and socks on, instead he played Jingle Bells on the piano. I told Mikenzie to get dressed and she spent 15 minutes brushing her hair. Baylie decided to go on-line to look up which books are checked out at the library with just 2 minutes to go!! Hello-- hustle people.

Then, once I finally get them out the door, they all had to stop and look at a bowl that had been left outside that now was full of ice water. They had to stop and look at the frost on the grass, and the leaves on the trees that are different colors. I know-- I should take a lesson from my kids and stop to smell the roses, but not when you are running late for school.

I do enjoy my wonderful children, I love how cute Mikenzie looked this morning with her braids and Baylie with her cute pony tail ( because it was PE for her and she needs her hair back to run the mile ). Brandon plays the piano amazingly well for a 6 year old. It is a blessing/pleasure to be home with my kids-- but they need to hustle a bit more in the mornings.

No comments: