Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hoofin' It

I feel so totally pathetic today when it comes to my fitness level. I have been trotting along on the treadmill, in fact, yesterday I did 2 miles and shaved 30 seconds off of each mile. I thought I was doing so well.

So, today I went over to the kid's school with them. They have a walking trail that goes around the playground area. I thought it would be great if they played while I walked/ran a mile or two. I started running, and was winded by the first quarter of the first quarter of a mile!! So pathetic. Totally NOT what I wanted to be when I grew up. Some out of shape, old mom, trying to feel like she is in shape, wearing an old T-shirt and lame shorts. Not even cute clothes!!

And then, to top it all off, as soon as we walked in the door, Brandon's sweet little 18 year old primary teacher knocked at the door, with a nice gift and a card she made for his birthday. I am sure she just looked at my sweaty, red face and probably thought " That is exactly what I do NOT want to be when I am 37" Which is what I would have said at 18, and still am saying at 37.

I tried to explain we had just been out and... I had been "running"... and I usually don't look so pathetic... I have a thyroid problem ya know... forget it!! Have a nice day and thanks for the gift Monica. Enjoy your thin-ness!! I did, once, a long time ago.

No comments: