Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Brandon!!




Picture 1- Brandon loved helping James build the garage. Somedays, James would come home and Brandon had been out with the hammer and nails making all sorts of creations.

Picture 2- One of my favorites, Brandon tried to take a picture, he just had the camera turned the wrong way.

Picture 3- The infamous cape. Brandon had to pick every last detail out. I had to make it for him as soon as we got home. He strapped it on and ran around, jumping off of furniture yelling Up, up and away!! After a few minutes, he came to me a threw the cape at me. He told me " This cape won't work!! You made the cape all wrong! " He really thought he could fly, if only I hadn't messed that cape up, who knows where he would be today!!

You say it's your birthday.... it's his birthday too!! Yep, the man is SIX years old today. Boy did time fly. I have been looking at pictures today and he sure grew up fast. He is such a great kid, he makes me laugh all the time.

Some great things about Brandon--

1- Ya gotta love this kid's attitude. He thinks he is at least 8, maybe 12. He just doesn't get that he is a little guy. He is totally independent. He used to insist he could open the door to the suburban. We had to put our arm through the driver side door, open his door just enough, so he could "open" the door himself. Then he would climb in by himself and buckle himself into his car seat. This was all before he was three.

2- He is a great soccer player. We just finished a soccer clinic with the competitive league here. He would score 6-8 goals a game. I finally told him he had to play "goalie" so the other kids could score, or even kick the ball. He loves playing soccer. They all got medals for participating and Brandon said " I know why we got the medals, because of me, I totally saved my team this year." A little confidence there buddy?

3- He is brilliant. He is reading and does math in his head. He loves to learn and is bored with the typical 5-6 year old toys. He can talk Wii with the best of them. He can log on to Youtube-- a little scary, I know, and find all the thumbwars videos. He is too smart for his own good somedays.

Well, enough bragging for now-- I love my boy!!

No comments: