Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gratitude Tuesday

Brandon has been sick for the last two days, and odd as it seems, I have been grateful for the time we have spent together. We have been playing board games, reading books, and taking naps together. I have missed my little buddy.

Last night was the sweetest moment of all. We were in the middle of reading scriptures and Brandon was looking pretty miserable. Mikenzie gave up her seat on the couch, got him a pillow and blanket and asked if he needed anything else. Then, Kyle pitched in and asked him if he could help out. It was a tender moment, a non-fighting, real brother and sister moment. I was so grateful that there was not request from anyone for Kyle and Mikenzie to show compassion towards their little brother. I guess something does get absorbed once in awhile and my kids actually do love each other.

Be Grateful!!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

So sweet! I love those moments. They seem to be few and far between but when they happen...hot dog!!! Makes ya proud!

You don't have your nieces again do you?

Terry said...

I no longer have custody of my nieces, but they will forever hold a special place in my heart. I couldn't leave them out of my blog-- they were my daughters for almost two years.

SydneyMin said...

What a sweet (and big!) family :) You'll have to add my blog to your list... I'm not too consistent with the posts, but I sometimes get on a roll. -Candy
http://mormoniclechronicle.blogspot.com