Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gratitude Tuesday

Well, I haven't accomplished much today. I am grateful though, for all the neat stuff you can do on the internet. I spent most of my afternoon transferring sent e-mail's to my online journal. I knocked out almost a years worth of journal entries in less than an hour. I was also able to add all of my blog postings, including pictures. Maybe it is a lazy way to do journaling, but I am happy that I have some record of the last year.

We live in such a wonderful era, I think the pioneers would be amazed. I would have been amazed just 15 years ago at what we can accomplish now a days. I remember logging onto the internet and listening for that lovely sound that came along as the computer connected. While that was going on, I used to make my bed. Come back to the computer and start loading up a page, while I waited I would usually dust. Then, the second page would load while I vacuumed. Now, if a page doesn't load instantly, we ask out loud " What's the problem? Stupid computer, this thing is so slow "

The whole iPod thing is amazing as well. Remember in the 80's how cool a person was if they had a big old boom box to carry around on their shoulder. It seems ridiculous now. Then we had a Walkman that could play tapes. Then the big invention of CD players came along, but you couldn't jog with them or they would skip all over the place. Now we have these tiny little MP3 players we can strap to our arm and go for hours if we need to with out a single CD or battery. How amazing.

I am also grateful Alex is working on his Eagle Scout project. I am looking forward to him accomplishing a goal we set for him when he was just a new baby. He started
cub scouts 7 1/2 years ago, from little wolf to a mighty eagle. All of the experiences that have lead up to this point seem so long ago. I think of all of the leaders he has had in his lifetime and am so grateful for all of their help. It seems to have passed so quickly. I think of the scripture in Jacob 7:26 "... time passed away with us and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream..."

I am so thankful for all of my blessings.
Be grateful!!

No comments: