Sunday, January 4, 2009

We were blessed after all...

I thought I would share an experience Kyle had during our house sitting events... there is a silver lining after all. The following is an excerpt of an e-mail sent to my friend Alex house-sat for:

I just wanted to share something with you. I know we all put things in our home our help our kids think about The Savior and remind them that they are children of God. ( I usually hang them up and then forget about them, they become common place over time ). I thought you would like to know it worked in your home. Kyle went with Alex one morning while he was house sitting for your family. When I came back to pick the boys up, Kyle came out to the car very thoughtfully and said " Sister Ames has the coolest picture in her house. It says I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it. That is the neatest saying I have ever heard. " It was really neat to see something so simple teach and touch my son so deeply, because of your desire to touch the lives of those around you.

So, even when we don't realize we are setting an example, we usually are.
Thanks for all of your great examples!!

No comments: